The Latino Family Fund Youth in Philanthropy and Leadership Scholarships will offer $10,000 in college scholarships. These scholarships were inspired by the Edward Boss Prado Foundation. There are three post-secondary scholarships for graduating students living in Gilroy and attending a Gilroy Unified School District high school or Gavilan College. These three scholarships will be available to students for entering college in the Fall of 2024.
- The 2024 Youth in Philanthropy and Leadership $5,000 Scholarship to a GUSD graduating high school student attending a 4-year University
- The 2024 Youth in Philanthropy and Leadership $2,500 Gavilan College Scholarship. A $2,500 scholarship for a graduating GUSD high school student pursuing a A.A. or A.S. degree at Gavilan College in the Fall of 2024
Applications available on GUSD school websites on January 1, 2024
- The 2024 Youth in Philanthropy and Leadership $2,500 Gavilan College Student Transfer Scholarship
Application available on the Latino Family Fund website on January 1, 2024
The post-secondary scholarship will be for the following:
*Students living in Gilroy and attending a Gilroy Unified School District high school. For the students of the class of 2024 who will enter college in Fall 2024.
Scholarship Amount: A $2,500 scholarship for a GUSD High School student who will be attending a Career Education program or pursuing an A.A. or A.S. degree at Gavilan College in the Fall of 2024
Applicants Must: Be a Gilroy resident and GUSD high school graduate
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Have met the high school community service requirement if applicable
Applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Completed the Scholarship Application
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. An official copy of the applicant’s high school transcripts
4. Personal resume (to include academic achievements, philanthropic service, extracurricular activities, volunteer work, job history, or other awards or recognitions)
5. A maximum one-page, 300-word essay stating your planned studies and career goals. Please include any philanthropic work you would plan to do.
Application Deadline: The application is due by 9:00pm PST April 15, 2024
Selection of winner will be made by Latino Family Fund Youth in Philanthropy and Leadership Scholarship Selection Committee and award will be notified by email.
Scholarship administered by:
Latino Family Fund
P.O. Box 774
Gilroy, California 95020
Latino Family Fund is an affiliate of Gilroy Foundation